Dr. Kimmy Wiley PT, DPT
Co-owner of Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care." -T. Roosevelt
A Message From Dr. Kimmy Wiley PT, DPT & Co-owner of Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab
Knee Pain Is Not a "Normal" Part of Aging?
If you’re living with bad knees, they’re painful or they ache – it’s very easy to think that it’s “just something that comes with age”, it’s a bit of “wear and tear”, or that it’s nothing and it’ll go away on its own.
You can’t quite put your finger on why you’re feeling pain in your knees – but it doesn’t seem to be getting any better!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, knee pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our physical therapy clinic.
And when it comes to living with knee pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
“Why Is This Happening To Me?” Or, “Why Am I Still Suffering With Knee Pain That Keeps Getting Worse After Putting Up With It For 6 Months - Sometimes More?”
Another scenario we see all the time in our physical therapy clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and the well-meaning Doctor tells them to “rest”, “try these painkillers” or “this cortisone shot” and “come back in 6 weeks if it’s not better”. But then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn’t gotten any better, only to be given ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills, and maybe a knee support.
Does That Sound Like You?
Has That Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have to rest because you’ve been told walking makes knee pain worse, or that you should be doing ‘this exercise’ and ‘that exercise’ to make it better.
It’s very confusing to know exactly what to do – and that’s just to avoid making knee pain worse!
And because of this confusion – this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their knee pain. Worse, many people just end up accepting it as “part of life” – as if it’s normal or “has” to be that way.
Is This How You Feel Too?
Knee Pain isn’t something that you need to live with. Although many people think that knee pain is just “another part of aging,” there are many things you can do to improve your pain and stay involved in the activities you love.
At Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab, we specialize in treating people of all ages who suffer from knee pain– Many of which have suffered for months or years.
In reality, improving this pain isn’t complicated, but does require a skilled approach. Understanding human anatomy, physiology, and tendon loading principles has allowed us to expedite the rehab process when it comes to our patients with knee pain.
We take the time to carefully explain what is going on, as well as the “WHY” behind the exercises we assign to our patients. We take a look at their current activity and exercise and explain how to modify things so that they can keep doing the activities they love WITHOUT pain.
If You Have Knee Pain, But Don’t Know What To Do Or How to Improve It, Click On the Link Below To Speak With A Doctor
Phase 1: Tell Us Your Story
Unlike, the experience you often get at the doctor’s office, we want to hear your story. The full thing. No shortcuts. We want to learn about your injury, interests, and how this has been affecting your life.
Phase 2: Get Some Clarity
We will explain the possible causes behind your injury as well as explain the timeline for recovery.
Phase 3: Resolve Your Pain and Build Up Resiliency
- Reduce the pain and symptoms you’re experiencing
- Find the root cause of the issue and correct it
- Build up your body’s strength and resiliency so that this doesn’t occur in the future
If You’re Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers – but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was ‘mask’ the pain – and as soon as they wore off knee pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You sought help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You’ve tried using things like knee supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain any better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you experienced severe pain and swelling in your knees, but it still irritates you daily
7. You tried a few exercises from ‘Youtube’ – but they felt painful when you did them, and did nothing to ease the pain
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk to our physical therapists in Taylorsville to find out what can be done to help you.The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you for FREE over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of My Knee Pain Quickly?”
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help – so many people rest for weeks, hoping that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or the pain and swelling gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you ease your knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions – the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you’re putting your knees in awkward, un-natural positions – which knees aren’t built to be in for too long. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy is proven to help people with knee pain. In fact at Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab it’s one of the most common issues we see with our athletes and active adults. If your knee pain is affecting your job, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physical Therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
So The Next Question Is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Basically, the Physical Therapy Team at Peak Pursuit Performance and Rehab can help you get back to living life free from daily annoying and chronic knee pain.
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinic in Taylorsville, then just click the button below and complete the short form: