Articles & Podcast
The Vagus Nerve and Our Digestive Tract - Article by Lorilynn Dowiak, PT
Good, short, informative article on the vagus nerve and our digestive tract, immune system health, and inflammation. Link here.
Scientists Have Found Secret Tunnels Between The Skull And The Brain
Curcuminoids Reduce Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis and Improve Well-Being
Change the body, Change the mind...
How Having a Concussion Can Damage Your Digestion
Visceral Manipulation and Traumatic Brain Injury/Post Concussion
More Visceral Manipulation Research
Fascial Entrapment Neuropathy
Websites and Links
Institute of Physical Art (Functional Manual Therapy)
Barral Institute (Visceral Manipulation)
R3 Physio Podcast
Emily Kuentz, L.Ac.
Trinity Oak Acupuncture and Hoolistic WellnessWebsite: https://www.trinityoakwellness.com
Interview with owner and founder of Trinity Oak Acupuncture and Holistic Wellness, Emily Kuentz.
We speak about her background in Acupuncture, Chinese medicine, and the specifics of he practice. She specializes in Women’s Health and Wellness as well as infertility.
Dirty Genes Book: https://www.seekinghealth.com/products/dirty-genes-by-dr-ben-lynch
NCCAOM (find qualified acupuncturist): https://www.nccaom.org
Podcast Interviews of our Clinicians
- A provocative and entertaining podcast that invites you to get out of the noise and into a more nuanced conversation about the complexities of life. Your hosts, Jenna Mountain and Kimberly Galindo, are two unique professionals and friends who have come together to have meaningful conversations and a little fun along the way.
- Link here to the episode interviewing Jason Racca, PT.
- Topics covered include what treatment approaches Jason uses, visceral mobilizations (what are they and why are they needed), the vagus nerve connection to long standing issues, and more!
- A podcast in which host, Dr. Jarod Carter, covers many topics in starting, transitioning, or topics related to cash based practices. These podcast episodes cover many topics including marketing strategies, start up, transitioning from insurance based models, and more!
- Link here to the episode in which Jason was interviewed about this practice.
- Jason shares his wealth of knowledge about visceral manipulation, manual therapy, and physical therapy practice in general. One of those great talking shop episodes that dives deep into treating pain and the neurologic approach to hands on therapy.
- Link here to the episode in which Jason was interviewed
- Dr. Heather Demirci, PT is a fellow physical therapist out in California and owner of Superior Performance Physical Therapy. She does an outstanding job of explaining the style of therapy we practice here at R3 Physio and offers information and a way of thinking that only a few hundred therapists in the world could offer. This podcast has a wealth of information for patients and clinicians alike!
- This podcast is a place for deep conversations about the critical issues of our time in the space of health, wellness, food and politics.
- A good functional medicine informational resource
FREE Nutrition Handout
This is a link to a handout that I have historically given to my patients and clients. For many people dealing with chronic health issues and pain, the food you put in you (or don’t put in you for that matter) can often help or hurt the healing process. Follow this link to download your copy
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About R3 Physio In Keller/Alliance...